Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What does giving mean to us at Updog?

As we flow into the “Season of Giving,” it seems apt to jot a few notes about what giving means to us here at UpDog.


As Pablo Picasso wrote,
 “The meaning of life is to find your gift.  The purpose of life is to give it away.”

Put another way, and with apologies to Deepak Chopra, you get what you give.  If you want joy, give joy.  If you desire love, be loving.  If you crave worldly affluence, help others find their way to prosperity.

One of the greatest gifts that yoga has given me is the profound realization that I am exactly what I resonate.  If I really, really, really want something, with all my heart, I get it.  And if I really, really, really DON’T want something, with all my heart, I get that too. 

In this sense, the practice of yoga is very much the practice of constant gardening – watching patiently as each sprout, each seed, each thought becomes manifest, then plucking out the weeds to allow the fruit to blossom.  By stepping outside our own heads, yoga helps us see things as they really are, and gives us the clarity and strength to find, and walk, our path with joy, love and compassion.

As 2015 begins to fade into the realm of memory, and 2016 lies, clean and bright, before us, I pray that each of you will continue to find the gift your heart desires most – and will continue to sow the seeds of loving kindness with every mindful breath you take.

With great love and the happiest of wishes this giving season,

Baba G

No comments:

Post a Comment