Monday, February 15, 2016

A Thankful Heart

As most of you know, this has been an interesting start for our family in 2016. 

While I have always considered myself reasonably fit, I have also been aware (yet chosen to largely ignore) the power of genetics in my family – specifically, our tendency toward ridiculously high cholesterol.  This ignorance finally caught up with me on January 15, 2016, as I underwent an emergency triple bypass.

The good news is, I appear to be well on the road to recovery – thanks to God, and to the gifted team of Crittenton/Genesys Surgeons, and to the powerful prayers and metta of hundreds of friends who have reached out and shared their love, and their time, and their amazing cooking. 


The better news is, I believe I have learned the most important lesson I could learn from this:  to relax, and to enjoy the amazing bounty that life has presented me, and to not let a single day go by where I am not deeply, profoundly thankful for my UpDog Family.

As we move into the “Year of the Monkey” (ironically, but not coincidentally, “my year”), I hope that each of you will take seriously all that life has given you, and will see the blessing in every act, in every event, and in every circumstance that presents itself to you. 

From the bottom of my heart, my deepest thanks.  Can’t wait to practice with you soon.


The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.

Baba G

No comments:

Post a Comment